Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Sting in the Tail


It's the busy time of year, so unfortunately there's no time to get outdoors and look at the local nature. Instead, today I have a video for you from one of my favorite bloggers in Japan 'softypapa' who does a great job of introducing the local culture and wildlife in his part of Japan. I recommend you have a look at his YouTube site.

The softypapa movie I've selected for today actually gave me a shock when I saw the opening scene. If you look above, you can see a hornet on his finger. This insect is one of the few insects that will send me running if they come my way. They have a wicked sting and are quite relentless on the attack. On the other hand, they are beautiful creatures..... at a distance! The video is not quite what it seems at first glance so I hope you enjoy the sting in the tail ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment